Thursday, August 19, 2004

Why am I an Atheist? (it is sad)

I almost cried when I read this story. The whole story makes me sick to my stomach. I wish I could reach out to her to tell her the truth. How can someone say, "I rarely did anything wrong enough to be called a 'sin'..." when clearly this is not what the Bible teaches. It is so sad to me that people never seek to find out what the Bible actually says instead of reading some text book. It hurts me even more that her church and parents didn't find the truth important enough to explain it clearly to her. I urge everyone to pray for Angela C. Byers, that the Spirit of God would soften her heart to the truth.
My first reaction was to email her and tell her that she is wrong that to quote scripture at her, but I don't think that is what Jesus would do, though I don't know the correct response. So all I will do for now is to pray for her.

Why am I an Atheist?

No comments: