Saturday, December 24, 2005

Jingle all the way with Google Talk


So I know I said I was going to talk about that other post and other google related stuff, but I lied. If you want to know more about it, check out these links.
But, what I really want to 'talk' about is Google Talk and the recent announcement of Libjingle. Why would you care?
2. Voice calls between mobile devices and Google Talk!
More and more WiFi-enabled mobile devices (including WiFi-enabled mobile phones) are coming on the market. Imagine being away from your PC and still being able to have the same free high-quality calling experience you have today between PCs using Google Talk. I expect to see a lot of innovation here in 2006. - link
Imagine that! Talking with your cell phone!!! So I know for must of you still aren't impressed. But if you've ever used Google talk before you know that the audio is about twice as good a cell phone. It pretty much sounds like the person is in the room with you. Every time that I've used Google Talk in a public place people are amazed at how good the audio is. And if I could have that good of a quality every time that I talked on my phone with somebody then that'd be awesome.
However, its not out just yet. Google just released the tools for someone to do this. It has yet to be done. Libjingle also has tools for file sharing (P2P) and video. For those that thought Google Talk was behind all the competitors, think again. As always with Google they take something that's already kinda cool and take it in a different direction.

Earn a free iPod Shuffle. I only need one more referral, and it could be you.

No comments: