Monday, February 28, 2005

Hotel colored people

FOXNews.com - Views - Tongue Tied - Campus Complaints; Higher Education Woes (half way down the page):
"In a meeting last month with members of the Democratic Black Caucus, [Howard] Dean said, 'You think the Republican National Committee could get this many people of color in a single room? Only if they had the hotel staff in here."
Dean says the charges of racial insensitivity are political motivated and has refused to apologize.
I don't know how I feel about this, but its certainly interesting. On one hand I'm glad that he is not real concerned about being politically correct. But on the other hand those are some pretty harsh words. I would have at least apologized for such Blatant discrimination. I wonder what the reaction in the room was? I bet everybody got really quiet.

No comments: