If you're willing to spend just a little bit of set up time then you'll save a lot of time reading blogs. Here's what you do:
- go to Bloglines and sign up
- Then to add a blog you just enter in the user name of the person you want in the right field (circled below). Or you can just copy and paste their site address into the search box (arrow)
- Next you'll want to preview the blog you've just chosen, just to make sure you didn't type something wrong, then hit the back button and then 'subscribe'. Continue to add other blogs until you're satisfied.
- You can now read your feeds just by clicking on a blog under 'my feeds'. The new posts will show up in the frame to the right. If you'd like to look at some old posts you can select a time frame to display.
- You can organize you feeds by clicking on the edit link in the frame to the left if you'd like. When you're done don't forget to hit 'finished'.
- You can also add blogs to your page by looking at my blogroll
- Ok so now whenever you go to bloglines.com you can read all your blogs from one spot. But how do I know if one of my friends blogs has been updated without going to bloglines? Well, you can just download a notifier. I downloaded the one for Firefox, but they have one for IE too. It is the little blue B in the corner of my browser window:
- The little red dot means that one of my friends has updated their blog and I should go read it.
My good friend Jonas just the other day was asking me how to do rss in sage. Sage works well, but not quite as well as bloglines does. Wouldn't hurt to check it out, if you want to have a non-online news agrigator.