Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Caving

11 of us went caving last Monday, but only 13 came back safely. hmmm... that didn't really make sense. Let me try again. 'Petey' (that's what they call him), a bunch of his friends, Jonas, and I went caving at Petty John's last Monday. We had a pretty good time and as a bonus nobody died. :) It had been a while since I had been in Petty John's, or for that matter any cave at all. I was pleased that I remembered most of the cave. We were trying to climb back to the volcano room but we made a wrong turn somewhere and ended up nowhere in particular. We then retraced are steps and found the right hallway from the main room only to run into another dead end. I'm not sure what happened. I remembered a lot of the stuff on that branch of the cave but we ended up at a small crawl space that didn't go anywhere and so we turned back and left. Don't get me wrong, we had a great time, its just that I got very confused because I knew we were going to right way but then it seamed to just end. Oh well.
We had a pretty good group only 3 people decided to stay in the main room while we made a 2nd effort to find the volcano room. We were in the cave for about 4 hours or so, which isn't that long but it was plenty of time for the group to get tired, and after belly crawling to 2 dead ends I was all tuckered out too. This trip was satisfying and I'm looking forward to climbing/repelling tomorrow.


Before

After

Jonas has also posted about this trip.
LOOK AT MORE PICTURES

No comments: