Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Gentlemen

We never met, you and I
We were always inside, we were somewhere inside
one another. And I'll live without you love,
but what good is one glove, without the other?

You only ask about my leaving,
well honey I had no choice, so
I call and (when you hear that heavy breathing)
for that sound of your voice.

But you sit there silent, folded arms
And look down as I walk by
Though my face has changed, you know it's me
You know by the stillness in my eyes.
Come and whisper in my ear, "you're very pretty, dear" and
"it'll be alright." You're lying!
But I don't mind tonight.

So I wander and I wander
Your absence beating inside my chest
I try but I can't remember
The color of your eyes- just the shape of your dress.

And through a garden overgrown
Oh, it's a long walk home.
I said I'd not come back, well I'm coming back-
and you'd better be alone.

You sit there silent, folded arms
As you smile, as i walk by
My face has shamed, But you know it's me, YOU KNOW ITS ME!
Come and whisper in my ear, "my dear! my dear!"
"it'll be alright." "it'll be alright."
"it'll be alright." "it'll be alright."
"it'll be alright." "it'll be alright."
No!NO!!
Gentlemen - mewithoutYou

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I went to their website today and I listened to that song again. I really like it. It is very...musically curious. ;)