Friday, April 01, 2005

The Passion has left

I thought it'd be a great idea to show the Passion of the Christ on campus at UTC to create witnessing opportunities, and just to get people thinking about Jesus and who he was. So, I got the auditorium reserved, and even started promoting it only to find out yesterday morning that I couldn't show it... sigh... It was a great idea at least. A lady called me about copyright laws and told me that I couldn't just rent the movie from anywhere if I was going to show it publicly, I had to rent it from Swank. However, if you visit they're webpage you see a happy little message:
The Passion of the Christ
is no longer available for non-theatrical licensing
click here for more information
I assume that the reason is because the movie is back in theaters, and I can't show it for free if people are still willing to pay for it in theaters. That would be a terrible thing right?!? Stupid movie people that make a good film about Jesus and tease me about being able to showing it.
Anyways if you haven't seen The Passion of the Christ they you should go see the newly Cut Version . I heard that its less graphic. Regardless its a great movie with a powerful message.

No comments: