Friday, June 10, 2005

Blogging Riverbend Festival 2005

I will be blogging Riverbend Festival 2005. This will be my first attempt to blog a large social event and I think it will be fun and informative. For those of you that don't know, Riverbend is an annual music festival in Chattanooga, TN that goes on for 9 days and has 1 main stage, 4 side stages, and a kids music contest stage (I won't really be paying attention to is stage at all). I plan on being there every day and taking plenty of pictures each day. It starts tonight and since I've been to Riverbend a couple of times now and know my way around I feel I can give a pretty good account of what happened. I've also done some research on the bands playing tonight and will give you my recommendations.
  • 5:00-5:30 PM - Brady Hughes: is the only one playing at this time so you mine as well see him. I won't be there till later.
  • 6:15-7:30 PM - Mindy Smith: Good guitar but slow country worth checking out.
  • OR 6:30-7:45 PM - Peacemakers: 'Chattanooga'’s best veteran Rock n Rollers'. I couldn't find anything else out about them. They might be decent.
  • 7:45-9:00 PM - Rhonda Vincent: really good bluegrass mostly really fast bluegrass
  • OR 8:00-9:15 PM - Saffire: blues trio that's all woman with funny lyrics
  • Instead of Kid Rock at 9:30-10:45 PM - Phat Phunktion: in your face new sounding funk. I'm really looking forwardrd to this group
  • OR 9:30-12:00 AM - Jon Cleary: gripping, intimate guitar with drums
  • If you happen to stay late Saffire is playing again at11:00-12:00 AM
  • OR 11:00-12:00 AM - BLAZE: classic heavy metal band
So that's what I think will be good tonight. Tomorrowow I'll give you a full report on the evenings events and give you recommendations for that day. I'll also have lots of pictures so don't forget to check them out. :)
See you there.

No comments: